Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jonathan's Showcase Sunday 4-28-2013



 Ba da. Ba da. Ba da da da da da.


Here's my very first Showcase Sunday! SPOTLIGHTS!

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas 



I’m a little slow getting on the train to this one, but this is the acclaimed story of friendship between two boys, one of whom is in a concentration camp. I’ve been looking at this book for a while, but just recently bought it since reading Annexed reawakened my interest in the Holocaust. I’m very excited to read it and see how it turns out, since there seems to be a lot of hate for it on Goodreads.

The God Box



Written by Alex Sanchez, this is a story about a guy named Paul, content with dating his girlfriend and being active in his religion based high school. His life gets complicated when a new student named Manuel arrives and tests what he thinks he knows about himself, his faith, and the world he lives in.
I always see the Rainbow Boys series at the library and I want to get into those, but I figured I’d try another book of Sanchez’s first.

Avalon High


This is a purely guilty pleasure read. Meg Cabot wrote this book about a girl who goes to a school and realizes that everyone seems to have a connection to Camelot and the world of King Arthur. I have to say I loved The Princess Diaries series. I found them laugh out loud funny, and I can’t wait to see what Meg Cabot does with these well known characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment